Two goals after ten minutes saw Exmouth Town fall to a 3-1 defeat away at Tavistock in the Southern League Division One South.

Liam Prynn and Joshua Grant fired the Lambs in front after ten minutes, and a Callum Watson strike in additional time gave the hosts all three points.

A superb Aaron Denny goal gave Town some hope after 55 minutes, but Tavistock adjusted well and prevented Exmouth from scoring an equaliser.

The game was only three minutes old when Tavistock put a good move together, and Alex Battle playing Liam Prynn through on goal, who adjusted his body well and finished past Robert Powell.

It was two for the hosts just seven minutes later, as Battle’s shot deflected into the path of Joshua Grant, who scrambled the ball home.

Exmouth battled back into the game but were limited to mostly long shots as both Aaron Denny and Levi Landricombe had ambitious attempts on goal, but both were wide.

Town had their first real chance after 30 minutes, as Denny cut inside from the right, beat a defender, and fired a shot off, but Josh Oak made a great save to prevent the visitors from getting a goal back.

The visitors continued to build their way back into the game as Levi Landricombe took aim from just outside the box on the half-volley, but another good save from Oak prevented the striker from scoring.

Tavistock almost made it three just before the break, as Prynn went through on goal but Robert Powell made an excellent save to prevent the striker scoring a second.

Dave Rowe had a busy opening five minutes to the half, as he made an important block to prevent a good chance for the hosts, and then he worked with Powell to prevent Warren Daw from scoring from two consecutive attempts.

Exmouth got themselves back into the game after 55 minutes, as Aaron Denny picked up the ball in midfield and struck the ball into the bottom corner from around 25 yards out.

However, it was the hosts who would get the game back under control, and became very dangerous on the break, especially as Town were pushing forward in the search for an equaliser.

With just nine minutes to go, Exmouth had their best chance at an equaliser, as the ball was scrambled around in the box and into the path of Landricombe, but his shot was saved by a defiant Josh Oak.

Tavistock almost sealed the game with 89 minutes on the clock, as a mix-up at the back saw the hosts through on goal, but Harry Walford made two superb blocks to prevent the Lambs from scoring a third.

Unfortunately, Tavistock would get that third goal via Callum Watson, as he calmly finished into the bottom-right corner, after Liam Prynn’s effort bounced off the post.

Exmouth will have this weekend off due to AFC Totton’s progression in the FA Trophy, but will be looking to get back to winning ways, as they travel to Sholing on November 5th.

LINE-UP: Powell, Richards (Walford, 72), Riddell, Lever (Harris, 72), Rowe, Gardner, Denny, Shipton, High, Bissett (Steer, 68), Landricombe. Subs not used: Casey, Billingsley.

Reader Interactions


  1. Brian says

    Good report Nathan. Town slipping back into their old ways of starting off slowly. Not many teams will give Tavvy a 2 goal start & come away with anything.

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website: Find out more.