Exmouth Town battled from being behind 2-1 to secure a much-needed league victory, as they beat Bashley 3-2 at the Circle of Care Community Stadium.

Having gone four games without a win in the Southern League Division One South, goals from Levi Landricombe, Jordan Harris and Aarron Denny put Town right back into the win column.

It was a perfect start for Exmouth, as after 50 seconds, a loose Ross Casey back pass was played straight into the path of Aarron Denny, who placed the ball into the almost empty net from 25-yards out.

Exmouth looked to add a second on the counterattack, as Jordan Harris and Ben Steer linked up to create some space, but they could not find the onrushing Levi Landricombe.

Bashley spent plenty of time in the first half in possession, forcing Exmouth to defend, which they did, therefore ensuring a quiet spell in the game as they looked to find an equaliser.

Landricombe almost secured a second for Town as they hit The Bash on the break, and the striker found himself through on goal, but unfortunately his shot was wide of the goal.

Just a minute later, Harry McGrath launched a mazy run towards the goal, and after beating a few Exmouth defenders, his shot was saved by Chris Wright.

The visitors did find the equaliser they desired, as Jack Lovell controlled a low cross and readjusted his feet, to calmly finish past Wright.

Exmouth responded by creating a chance for themselves, as Jordan Harris powered an effort towards goal but a Bashley defender was there to prevent an almost certain goal.

Bashley gained the lead after 41 minutes, as a cross came in from the left and Lovell added a second to his tally, as he rose the highest to head home.

They almost added a third just a minute later, as Brad Morris got a shot off that was heading goal bound, but Karl Riddell and Mark Lever combined to block the ball off the line.

It was a slow start to the second half, as both sides struggled to create any chances of note early on, with the biggest moment being a very late Morris challenge on Denny, which he somehow only received a yellow card for.

The referee made another decision just a minute later, this time in favour of Town, as Ben Steer was brought down in the box to earn Exmouth a penalty, which Jordan Harris powered straight down the middle to level the game.

After 73 minutes, the hosts put themselves in the lead, as Aarron Denny flicked the ball into Steer, whose cross found Landricombe, who wrong-footed Casey, and fired into the back of the net.

Galvanised by regaining the lead, Landricombe almost added a second moments later, as Ethan Slater played in the goal scorer, but his effort was just wide of the bottom corner.

Exmouth managed the last 15 minutes perfectly, limiting Bashley chances, and earning themselves opportunities to keep the ball in the visitor’s half.

LINE-UP: Wright, Cullen, Lever, Riddell, Gardner, Denny, Slater, High, Harris, Steer, Landricombe (Bissett, 88) Subs not used: Casey, Hill, Walford, Billingsley.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website: Find out more.