Exmouth Town were well-beaten at Plain Ham, as they lost 5-0 against Larkhall Athletic.

Goals from Archie Ferris, David Regula, Alexander Lambert and Jake Jackson ensured a miserable 90 minutes for Town.

Town got off to a disastrous start, as Lambert got a hold of the ball down the right flank and burst past his man, before he squared it to Regula, who fired home.

It went from bad to worse for the visitors, as Larkhall doubled their lead after a cross found the head of Ferris, who got to the ball before the onrushing Andrew Sowden-Bird, and he placed it into the back of the net.

With only ten minutes gone, the hosts should have had a third as Exmouth were caught on the counter attack, and Regula’s shot beat the goalkeeper, but bounced off the post, before Nelson Iseguan scrambled the ball away.

Town started to put some decent football together, as Ben Steer linked up with Tom Bath, but the former’s shot was met by a strong block from a defender.

Exmouth could and possibly should have had one back, as Dave Rowe found himself unmarked from a corner, but his header was saved by Arthur Nasta and his follow up effort deflected wide.

The bad news continued at Plain Ham, as Iseguan was forced to come off after 25 minutes with a knock.

Town found themselves three down after 37 minutes, as they were once again cut open on a counter attack, which saw Lambert slot past Sowden-Bird.

The young goalkeeper did well to keep the score down in the first half, making an important save as Regula found himself in space in the Town box, a sight that was too common in the first half.

Exmouth started the second half much like they did the first, as Ferris got in behind the visiting defence, but his shot flicked off the post.

It was four after 58 minutes, as a ball came through and despite a flag from the linesman, the referee overruled the decision and play continued, with a shell-shocked Town cut open again with Ferris getting his second.

Regula could have made it five, but substitute Josh Cann made a vital block on the goal-line to prevent another goal.

Town did have a shot in the second half, through Morison, after Callum Shipton intercepted play in the midfield, but his shot was met by Nasta.

Sowden-Bird made a fantastic save to deny Max Williams’ 25-yard effort, which was heading for the top corner.

With 15 minutes to go, it was five for the hosts, as Jake Jackson was left completely unmarked at the back post, and despite Sowden-Bird getting a strong touch on it, the ball trickled into the back of the net.

It was a horrible afternoon for Town, who will need to improve next week, as they welcome Cribbs to the Circle of Care Community Stadium.

LINE-UP: Sowden-Bird, Rowe, M.Landricombe, Gardner, High, Iseguan (Walford, 26), Lever (Cann, 45), Morison, L.Landricombe (Shipton, 66), Bath, Steer.


Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website: Find out more.